Friday, March 11, 2011

I've got Spring in my step

The sun is shining, the mid 40's weather is here for awhile...I know we will get more snow, but I'm willing to bet the frigid cold weather is gone! The birds are singin' and for the first time in months, the street in front of my house is free from ice and ruts!  Woo Hoo! 

It inspired me to push myself in my workout today.  I've thought about doing a 1/2 marathon to celebrate in my 40th year, but the thought of physically pushing myself...well...it's just something I've never done.  So, thought I would try it this morning.  Usually, I alternate walking and running every 5 minutes for about 40 minutes.  I end up going about 3miles.  Today, I ran 2 of the 3 miles straight, and am proud of that accomplishment!  A decision remains.  There are 2 half marathons in the state in September; might be fun to work towards that goal.

So, we did it.  I had the kids stand in a circle with me this morning, put their hand on the shoulder of the person next to them, and we all said a blessing for each other.  This first time, I lead them in it, and they had those goofy smiles that say they think their mom is half nuts, but they really like that I make them do these sorts of things.  :-)  And they all leaned in for their blessing before leaving the car.  I'm proud of myself for taking these steps, albeit small ones, to show my love for them in part by blessing them.  I have felt lately that between these four it seems to be so easy to launch into yelling, fighting, mean words, etc...when someone is unhappy or has hurt feelings.  So!  I hope this helps.  I believe it will!  Plus, it is so important to express our spirituality in the good times, as well as the bad. 

I decided to go meatless for Lent, too!  Let me tell ya, Gabe had some leftover prime rib last night for dinner, and I was so tempted!  I thought, 'One little bite doesn't count' and almost reached for one, and then I was like, 'Nope, that's what this is all about!'  I will be interested to see how my body responds.  I like the idea of a mostly plant based diet, anyway, and would love to always be that way. But man, I do love my prime rib! 

Today I am finishing taking the wallpaper off the walls in Gabe's room.  Tomorrow, we will patch and ready for painting!  He's so excited. 

The Girls have game night at the school tonight for middle school...love that school! 

And I'm just SO thankful Friday is here!  I'm ready to pull out the spring decorations this weekend! Brighten, lighten, and feel re-newed. 

Spring is in air, on my mind, and in my step!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment