Monday, January 30, 2012

Just bee happy

Isn't it funny, how you can be going along in life, practicing to be your highest self, and something...or someone...comes along to really challenge you?  To make you *truly* put into practice what you know you're supposed to be doing or how you're supposed to be acting?

And how sometimes, that person or situation shows up at precisely a time when you need it most?

I saunter through life a pretty gracious person.  Due to circumstances several years ago, it was forced upon me to choose who I truly wanted to be.  I mean, really think about it, really face the music.  Most people don't get that chance in life.  And I really, truly am grateful I did.

So it's interesting to me when a 'reminder' from that time in my life comes along and challenges me all over again.  I find it really intriguing that the bigger part of me is fine, in fact, almost non-reactive about the reminder.  But then there's this little *worldly*part of me that goes, "No, you SHOULD be *angry*sad*whatever* when put in this situation.  You SHOULD re-live the drama, and make the person next to you re-live the drama, and you SHOULD definitely NOT let it go!" I definitely don't want to believe that the Universe orchestrated it, or that it's showing up 'for a reason.'

But...alas...I know better.  I know that there are no coincidences.  I know that everything and everyone that shows up in our lives is there for a reason...and that reason is to learn, grow, know the essence of God.

Which is what makes it interesting to me. 

We are not dictated by our experiences, we are dictated by our responses.  We get to choose to be happy.  We get to choose how we respond.  And that's really pretty cool.  This self realization could change the world, if only we could take ourselves out of the center of our own Universes. 

Meh.  Now I'm waxing philosophical.

Go for it!  Just be happy!  Make the choice to just be happy!

I'm off to look in a mirror and say this to myself.

love, C

No comments:

Post a Comment