Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy 2012!

Welcome to a New Year...

I just love the rejuvenation this time of year can bring.  I also enjoy September as a time to get back to goal setting and restructuring, but with 4 growing kiddos, it doesn't happen as well as it used to!  Fall is SUCH a busy time when you have a 14, 12, 10 and 7 year old.  And it always seems that there is a bunch more going on.  Add that to trying to get back in the groove from a summer mentality, and you have a recipe for not-so-much-success!

So, onto January.

Honestly, I think I've waited for this all Fall.

I plan on 2012 to bring SO MANY GOOD...no...GREAT things to me! 

I'm fairly ambitous in my goal setting this year.  I'm trying to be more specific about each of them.  I read somewhere that it's not enough to just say you're going to lose weight, or exercise more...that you have to tell yourself how much, and how, etc...to really be successful.

Yes, these are both on my list!  Having lost 40 last Winter, (and then gaining about 10 of it back all Summer and Fall) I can be proud...but I have about 30 to go...and I will do it!

I plan to be letting go of some long needed to let go of things.  Say "no" more.  Say "yes" less.

After experiencing yet another less-than-fulfilling holiday season because of so many committments...I'm ready to get back to basics.

What/Who really matters most.

Activities that make me happy.

Making time in my life to do the 'little extras' I used to do for my family instead of letting them fall into the "maybe-if-I-have-time-after-I-do-this-other-stuff" pile.  There was WAY too much of that this Fall!

In the end, I do believe it's so important to contribute to my children's school, and to various civic organizations.  But not at the detriment of my family.  It is not possible for me to do it all...and do it all well.  This year, I'm going to choose to do fewer things...and do them well...and choose to do those things that make me smile in my heart. 

I realized this past weekend that it is easy to say that an activity I'm doing for the school 'only takes 12 or so volunteer hours,' but in actuality, it is always on my brain...therefore, it takes countless hours from me!  And it muddles and clouds and contributes to a long list of muddling and clouding that is filled with things that I don't love, love, love to do!

For someone like me, it takes baby steps.  Baby steps are a theme in my life.  I've been talking and taking various baby steps for the past few years now. 2012 is year for me to let go of my security blankets and step into my life as I want to be living it! 

My girls gave me this for Christmas:



I think it's true.

And I'm inspired by what Oprah has to say about Stepping into the Light and reconnecting with what makes you feel happy and makes you feel good.


http://www.oprah.com/spirit/Oprah-on-the-Power-of-Intention-Oprahs-Goals-for-2012


May you feel powerful and inspired in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment