Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Hah!  It's only what...March??  Yes...that little sign posted on my monitor has yet to be very helpful in getting me to blog every day...

But I can't really say too much has happened. 

My busy, charmed life...truckin' along, as always!  We've been crazy with organized sports, and ski weekends at the cabin.  Travel basketball for Amelia has been an interesting, new thing for us!  We've enjoyed it, gotta say!

Work continues on the kitchen.  I can't remember if I've blogged or not that starting on October, 15th or thereabouts, we've been without a kitchen.  Due to a flood...and nearly 9 months of negotiations with Insurance...then a contractor not ready to really start...yes, it's been that long!  And it's been relatively easy, but I'm sick and tired of being displaced.  It's tough cooking in the laundry room!  So, there's been A LOT of eating out...A LOT! 

But I'm proud to say I've lost about 27 lbs, even with all of that eating out...

My 40th is comin' at me like a freight train on June 11th.  And I'm bound and determined to have all of my baby weight (hahaha) off by then.  The baby will be 7 on June 4th.  I think it's time! :o)  So...about 33 more to go and I'll be there.  A new body, and hopefully, a new kitchen for birthday gifts!  I'm SOOO looking forward to both of those things! 

It's going to be a great year!  I've been trying to figure out a 'bucket list' of things I want to accomplish in my 40th year, but then I realized that technically, I'm in my 40th year right now, and after my birthday, I'll be in my 41st year.  Does that matter?  I guess not. 

Top of the list is losing my weight.

Next was some surgery to remedy a saggy tummy and the big hoo ha's...but both seem to be getting taken care of with the weight loss...so I'll wait on that until the weight is all gone to see what I look like at that point. 

3rd...a month in my beloved Nantucket...happening this summer!  Yippee!  I can't WAIT to take the kiddos there!  I get some time at the beginning with girlfriends, then Tony and the kiddos will join me for the rest of the time.

4th...Jewelry business up and going...I recently decided to reintroduce actual work days into my calendar.  I did this last year, and it worked out great...until I got sidelined with other responsibilities...and this kitchen thing...which has had tendencies to throw everything and everyone off their game in this house!  But...I am recommitted.  2011 IS the year! 

There's so much more...I'll get to it later...

Suffice to say I trust I am on the right path...So happy to be exactly where I am, and thrilled to know that as I look back over the past 5 years...life has unfolded in a way that I always dreamed it would...  It's great to have an understanding about my place in the Universe, to have a light heart and spirit, to no longer be sleep walking through my life, to be unattached to outcomes, to not have to be right all the time anymore (although my children challenge me on this one often)!...

Aging...so much, so good about it!  Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment