Monday, March 28, 2011

30!!!

I'm SOO excited!  Last Friday I hit the big 3-0!  I know, I know...you thought I was older...juuuuuuust kidding!  What I did was hit the big 30 lbs off...finally...broke through the plateau and hit it!  Who knew I just had to exercise more?  ;-)  I battened down the hatches, reeled in the diet, kicked up the exercise, and BAM!  Here I am.

So, now I really do get to order my 1/2 way there reward.  I had started pondering what I would get several weeks back when it looked like it was right around the corner.  Took a bit longer than I thought it would.

 Oh well!  I'm happy!  Especially happy because I also know, that even though I wasn't dropping on the scale, I was dropping in inches.  About a month ago I tried on some very coveted Banana Republic black trousers that I haven't been able to wear in about 3 years.  They were tight, barely buttonable, and because of that, gave me a horrible looking pooch (ya know what I'm talking about)...plus, they were very tight in the thighs and rear end.  Definitely un-wearable, even with a longer top.  Soooooooo...I tried them on Thursday because I started going through all of my clothes and guess what?!  Yup! They slid right on, and I could even grasp fabric in the thighs...nice and roomy!  YIPPEE!  Even though that scale had barely budged, I went down in size...Exercise really does work!  (Duh...)

So now, onto ordering my special treat.  It's something Springy-feeling, something fashionable that will always fit no matter my size.  And definitely something I would never just get for myself, so it feels a little luxurious.  And it's not something for the kitchen, tho...I also have to order a looooooooooooong list of stuff for that project, which is going to be a serious chunk of change.

My largest-you-can-buy Whitehaus Fireclay Double Bowl Farmhouse Sink is going to ROCK!  It's definitely fashionable, and luxurious...but it's season-less...

Makes me **smile** just thinking about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment