Wednesday, November 17, 2010

thankful...

but first...what a crackup Rafe is...
I hopped out of the car to run in and get some dinner to take to Olivia at play practice...I told the boys I'd be right back...and it was pretty quick!  When I got back in the car, Rafe goes, "Mom~!  You said you were gonna be pretty quick and you really WERE pretty quick!"  Apparently, he's catching onto the fact that "Just a minute" or "Just a sec" doesn't really mean either of those things!

Tragic week here in my town.  Three young boys lost both their parents in a very sad situation.  I haven't been able to stop thinking about them.  What must be going through their heads? What would it be like to have both of your parents ripped from you like that?  Thinking that when your Mom cooked you dinner that night, it was the last time she would, but you didn't know it would be, or you would've enjoyed it a lot more. 
Or realizing that when your Dad took you out to shoot some hoops every day it just seemed so routine at the time, but now you'll never get to do it again...and you want to.  And you're left without at least one parent to console you through the loss of the other, left without the two people who knew you best and loved you most.

I must, must remember to be more thankful at all times, in every moment.  And take comfort in the seemingly mundane actions I do every day for my kiddos.  Wag more, Bark Less...in my own family.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment